During COVID-19 library closures, clients may contact Labour Market Services directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 306-953-2488.
The Melfort and Nipawin Public Libraries host Saskatchewan Labour Market Services to assist job seekers with information on career and job opportunities as well as training and education. The services focus on matching the skills of Saskatchewan workers with the skill needs of employers.
As Labour Market Services Delivery Locations, the professional staff at these libraries provide:
- Career information and tools to help match your skills, interests, and goals with job opportunities
- Computer and internet access to help you explore labour market trends, occupations in demand, and current job openings
- Information on training options and funding
- University, technical institution, and regional college calendars
- Books, software, and advice to help with resumes and cover letters
- Access to computers, printers, fax, and photocopier to support your job search
- Free access to job postings and resumé posting services through Saskjobs.ca
- Information about community programs and services to help you find a job and succeed in the workplace
Melfort Public Library is located at 106 Crawford Avenue West, Melfort, SK.
Nipawin Public Library is located at 501 2nd Street East, Nipawin, SK.
Below are links you may find helpful.
Jobs, Working and Training: Information about finding a job, job training and apprenticeship, financial aid including the provincial training allowance, filing a claim with Workers' Compensation Board and many other topics about working in Saskatchewan.
Labour Market Information: Provides statistics, employment forecasts, and reports on Saskatchewan's labour market.
Ministry of Immigration and Career Training: Helps individuals prepare for, obtain and maintain employment and also assists employers with the development, recruitment and retention of workers, consistent with provincial labour market needs.