The secret language of stones
Nestled within Paris's historic Palais Royal is a jewelry store unlike any other. La Fantasie Russie is owned by Pavel Orloff, protǧ ̌to the famous Faberge, and is known by the city's fashion elite as the place to find the rarest of gemstones and the most unique designs. But war has transformed Paris from a city of style and romance to a place of fear and mourning. In the summer of 1918, places where lovers used to walk, widows now wander alone. Employeed at La Fantasie Russie a girl with a special ability is sent on a dangerous journey to the darkest corners of wartime Paris.
- 1 online resource (1 audio file (11hr., 44 min.)) : digital.
- digital Digital recording
- data file
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Read by Anna Bentinck.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.