We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Job Description: Summer Programming Assistant
Classification: Young Canada Works Summer Term Placement
Duration: Full-time, May 15 - August 23, 2017
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Wapiti Regional Library is Saskatchewan's original and most populated Regional Library System serving 123,000+ residents through 46 branch locations and boards in North Central Saskatchewan's beautiful Lake Country. Our communities include over 100 municipalities, ranging from rural municipalities, villages, towns, to the cities of Humboldt, Melfort and Prince Albert, and First Nations communities, all with unique needs and strengths. Visit our website at www.wapitilibrary.ca.
Reporting to the Community Services Librarian, the successful Programming Assistant will assist with Wapiti Regional Library’s Canada 150 themed TD Summer Reading program, and the creation of a suite of programming kits to be used for storytime, craft, and maker programs. The ideal candidate is a responsible, enthusiastic, and motivated student or recent graduate who enjoys working with children, and has an interest in library services, literacy, early childhood education, or education.
- Compile programming kits based on guidelines laid out by Community Services Librarian
- Book and plan in-person presentations at Wapiti Regional Library branches
- Run in-person programs at Wapiti Regional Library branches
- Assist branch librarians with TD Summer Reading Club programming
- Participate in related TD Summer Reading Club and Canada 150 celebrations such as community fairs and parades
- Re-stock and refresh programming kits after use
- Record programming statistics and write program evaluation reports
Qualifications: High school completion and a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license are required, while post-secondary education is an asset. Wapiti encourages individuals of First Nations and Métis heritage to apply.
- Be between 16 to 30 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory and be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- Not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW
- Have been a full-time student (as defined by his or her educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job and intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job
Application Deadline: May 11, 2017. The position will remain open until filled. Resume, cover letter, and references may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Community Services Librarian
Wapiti Regional Library
145 12 Street East
Prince Albert, SK